Medical profession is treated as one of the best and reputed profession on all around the world. We all know that becoming a doctor is not an easy task. One has to get through a very competitive exam, following GD and PI to get a seat in top medical colleges. If you are a medical aspirant and would like to secure your seat in one of the most famous medical colleges in India then you have to crack one of the top medical exams in India.
Today, in this post, we would like to list the top 5 medical entrance exams in India. Just crack one of the exams listed below to get a seat in one of the most prestigious medical colleges of the country.
1. AIIMS Entrance Examination: The tougest and most popular medical entrance examination in India. It is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Every year more than lakhs of candidates appeared on this test to get a seat in one of the 7 AIIMS. One can apply for the entrance through both online and offline. This year the exam will be held on July 01, 2015.
2. AIPMT: It stands for All India Pre-Medical Test. The exam is directed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India, and conducted by CBSE. AIPMT exam date for 2015 is May 3. AIPMT is held on 2 phases- Prelims and Main exams.
3. CMC Vellore Common Entrance Test: It is one of the most popular Medical exams in India. The entrance is conducted by Christian Medical College, Vellore for filling up 60 seats. Every year, thousands of students appeared on this test from all parts of the country. CMC, Vellore is affiliated to Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai. This year CMC Vellore Entrance Test 2015 will be held on 23 May 2015.
4. DPMT: DPMT stands for Delhi University Pre-Medical Test. This national level test is conducted by Delhi University to select students for admission into BDS and MBBS courses. The exam date of 2015 DPMT will be announced very soon.
5. JIPMER Entrance Exam: JIPMER stands for Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. This year JIPMER entrance exam will be held on June 7, 2015. Every year lakhs of students appeared on JIPMER to compete for 150 MBBS seats. The question paper consists of 200 objective questions.